The industry, especially IT, has seen stupendous growth during the last decade. It employed around five lakh employees in 1999 and today, it directly employs twenty five lakh employees. Also, the indirect employment attributed to IT & ITES sector, is approximately 80 lakh. As per NASSCOM, the workforce in Indian IT industry is expected to touch 3 crore by 2020. This year, there is a plan to recruit nearly 2.5 lakh engineering graduates from various campuses. For example, TCS plans to add 60,000 workers this year. Infosys plans to hire around 45,000 people this year. Similarly, Cognizant recruited 25,000 professionals last year and plans to hire a similar number of engineering graduates this year also. In addition to Indian IT firms, global giants like IBM, Accenture and HP, also have plans to hire in large numbers in India.This requirement of IT companies can be fulfilled by two different methods. In the first method, companies can reach out to the vast pool of talent through advertisements in newspapers. In this method, the prospective candidates approach the companies. This method may be particularly useful, if the number of job vacancies is less. When the number of vacancies is high, this method is time consuming. The other more proactive approach by the organization is to directly visit the campuses and recruit the candidates from those campuses. This method is referred to as Campus Recruitment. In this method, both the organizations and the prospective candidates come to a common platform. This common platform provides excellent opportunities to the companies to interact with the talented students who are ever enthusiastic and extremely motivated and who are willing to go that extra mile to prove themselves. For a student, this system provides a smooth path to enter the job market straight from the campuses.
Class Room Coaching by T.I.M.E
T.I.M.E. has a comprehensive programme designed to train students for all the stages of Campus Recruitments done at various colleges including engineering colleges and MBA/MCA colleges. The programme has different modules for written test or aptitude test, group discussions and personal interviews. This programme is updated on a regular basis to keep pace with the changes in the recruitment procedures adopted by various companies at campuses. All the areas normally covered in the aptitude tests of most companies, i.e., Quantitative ability, Reasoning, Verbal and Basic Computer Skills are covered in detail in the course offered by T.I.M.E. As a part of the course, students get practice exercises and test papers for each test area followed by comprehensive tests on the pattern of the tests conducted by major companies. To prepare the students for the next stages, i.e. Group Discussion (GD) and Interview, classes are conducted in Communication Skills which include basic communication skills, GD and Interview basics, mock GDs, mock Interviews (HR & Technical) and Psychometric tests.
Highlights of T.I.M.E.’s CRT Class Room Programme:
- 80 to 90 hours of vigorous classes covering various questions asked in Aptitude Test.
- Classes on basic communication skills (Group Discussion basics, Mock Group Discussions, speaking skills, listening & writing skills, Psychometric test.
- Classes on computers (covering computer fundamentals, C language).
- Two individual Mock interviews (one HR and one Technical) to equip the students with the questions and the skill set required to handle the real interviews. Experts who have experience in recruitment process conduct these Mock interviews.
- 3 Study Material Booklets(including solutions)
- 90+ Individual Practice Exercises and Test papers
- Twelve Comprehensive Tests – This comprises two tests each on the lines of Infosys, Wipro, TCS, CTS, one each on the pattern of Mahindra Satyam, Accenture, IBM and one general test to prepare students better for the respective exams.
Five online tests: This comprises two online tests on the pattern of TCS, one on the pattern of Infosys, one general and one psychometric test.
- Profiles of Major Companies
- IT & IT-eS Industry Updates
- GD Topics
- Interview Questions for Practice
- Test Patterns of different IT Companies