T.I.M.E Kottayam is the best GATE coaching centre in Kottayam with excellent faculty and online support.
GATE 2017 Exam Dates
About GATE 2017
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE Exam. The operations related to GATE in 8 zones all over India are managed by a Zonal GATE Office at IISc. or IITs. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes. The Organizing Institute for GATE 2016 was IISc Bangalore, and for GATE 2017 is IIT Roorkee.
- Examinations for all papers will be conducted by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). The online exam is expected to contain Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) and Numerical Questions where answers must be keyed in by the candidate using virtual keypad.
- GATE 2017 examinations will be held on February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only)
- For GATE 2017 the entire process of filling up application form, uploading of certificates/documents, etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents, etc., to any of the IIT/IISc zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be online through different modes like net banking or e-challan.
- Candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2017 website.
- GATE 2017 score is valid for 3 yrs from the date of Result Announcement.
- Further Information on course structure & other important details will be released on 25th June
Important Dates for GATE 2017
|GATE 2017 Online Examination Dates:||February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only)|
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 1, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||October 4, 2016 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November 16, 2016 (Wednesday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||January 5, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March 27, 2017 (Monday)|
Note – Final schedule to be displayed later.
Candidates with any of the following qualification are eligible to appear in GATE Exam.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 Years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture (Five year course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or Equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering/Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. Degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
How to Apply for GATE 2017
All candidates have to apply ONLINE through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). Details of the non-refundable application fee are shown in table below –
|Women candidates / SC / ST / PwD category candidates||INR 750/-|
|All other candidates||INR 1500/-|
Source: GATE 2017 Notification http://gate.iitr.ernet.in/
For GATE 2017, payments would have to be made through online by using net banking or e-challan facilities. Additional charges will be applicable as per the rule of the bank from where the money is being transferred. This charge will be specified on the payment portal.
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) jointly administer the conduct of GATE. The operations related to GATE in each of the 8 zones are managed by a Zonal GATE Office at IISc. or IITs. The Organizing Institute (OI) is responsible for the end-to-end process and coordination amongst the administering Institutes.
Benefits of Taking GATE:
- A good GATE score is helpful for getting admission in to IITs, IISC, IIITs, NITs and many other renowned institutions.
- GATE qualification is also a minimum requirement to apply for various fellowships awarded by many Government organizations.
- GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories and CSIR sponsored projects.
- Focused GATE Preparation also helps in other prestigious PSU recruitment examintions like CIL, AP Genco, AP Transco, NTPC, BSNL etc
- Many PSUs like HAL, IOCL, PGCIL, BARC etc consider GATE score
Benefits of M. Tech:
- M. Tech from a good institute helps you to stand out from the rest
- M. Tech opens up a lot of career paths in the fields of Teaching, Research and other Core sectors, apart from the existing alternatives
- Better Placements in top PSUs, MNCs and Indian companies both in India and Abroad.
- A Minimum stipend of 8000/- per month is given to regular students joining colleges under MHRD
- Opportunity to work in research positions like JRFs, in ISRO/DRDO/BARC/IITs etc
- A M.Tech gives chance to pursue specializations of interest.
GATE Coaching at T.I.M.E Kottayam
GATE Classroom Coaching
- Class room Teaching covering all the concepts, by Experts
- Comprehensive course ware basis the required syllabus
- Extensive Question Bank covering all the Topics of Engineering
- Practice questions + Solved Examples for each chapter
- 12 Full Length Mock GATEs on the pattern of actual GATE
- Over 90 Practice Test papers covering all the topics and sub-topics in GATE syllabus
- Online Access to important GATE related information, Answer Keys, & Paper Analysis
- Weekend Batch : 10:00 Am to 04:30 Pm (Sunday only)
- Regular Batch : 10:00 Am t0 03:30 Pm (Monday to Friday)
Correspondence GATE Coaching
T.I.M.E. Correspondence course for GATE is offered in two variants Regular and Advanced.
|GATE 2015 Correspondence Course offerings|
|Study Material Books for all subjects||Yes||Yes|
|GATE Question Bank||2||1|
|Online Chapter level tests||65||45|
|Online Subject wise Tests||38||10|
|Online Multiple Subject Tests||5||5|
|Previous GATE Papers for 10 years (Online)||10||0|
|All India Mock GATE’s (Online)||12||6|
|Full length Mock GATEs online (Self Practice)||18||8|
|Access to student portal||Yes||Yes|
|Video Solutions for All India Mock GATE’s||8||2|
|Note: Video Solutions are available for Select Questions|
For more details visit http://www.time4education.com/GATE/GATE_Coaching.asp