(a) Statistical Investigator Gr II : Max 32 years
(b) Assistant Section Officer/SI in CBI : 20 – 30 years
(c) Assistant in IB: 21 – 27 years
(d) Assistant Enforcement Officer/SI in NIA/Asst Audit Officer : Max : 30 years
(e) SI in Central Bureau of Narcotics: 18 – 25 years
(f) Tax Assistant CBEC : 20 – 27 Years
(g) All Other posts : 18 – 27 years
(ii) Educational Qualification:
(i) For post of Compiler : Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
(ii) For post of Statistical Investigator Grade – II : Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized university or institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard level OR Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level
(iii) All other Posts: Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
SSC CGL 2016 Exam Scheme Revised !! Exam goes Online !
Finally the SSC CGL Exam goes Online !! The Commission has made some revisions in the Exam pattern / scheme. The changes are given below.
- Number of Questions reduced from 200 to 100 in Tier-I. Number of Marks remain 200.
- The duration of the Tier-I examination would be for a period of 75 minutes.
- Tier-I and Tier-II will be conducted in computer based examination mode in place of OMR based examination mode
- Tier-I is scheduled to be held from 27th August, 2016.
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In respect of TierII, the negative marking system will remain unchanged.
- In addition to above, the Commission has also decided to introduce a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The Question Paper will be bilingual. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
- The final merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off
The snap shot of the entire scheme of CGL 2016 is given below.
|Revised Scheme of SSC CGL 2016 Examination|
|Test Area||No of Qs||Marks||Time||Remarks / Changes|
|TIER I||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||75 Minutes||Pattern changed. Questions reduced to 100 from 200. Duration is 75 minutes. Negative Marking changed to 0.5 from 0.25. Exam goes Online from Paper -pencil mode|
|TIER II||No change in Exam pattern and Scheme – Paper I and II common for all posts. Additional Paper III (Statistics) for post of Statistical Officer. Additional paper IV on General Studies for post of Assistant Audit Officer.||Mode of exam goes online from paper – pencil|
|TIER III||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc||100||60 Minutes||The Commission has also decided to introduce a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The Question Paper will be bilingual. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium . This will be in Pen & paper Mode.|
|TIER IV||Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) / Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) (wherever applicable)||No change. Same as published in Notification released in Feb 2016. This remains Qualifying in nature||This was earlier Tier III. With introduction of Descriptive Paper as Tier III, this is now Tier IV|
The final merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off.